The Educational Loan Scheme aims to provide financial support to deserving/meritorious students for pursuing higher education in India and abroad. The Scheme also aims to provide financial assistance to the needy poor to undertake basic education.
Eligible Courses of Study in India
1. Graduation courses – B.Sc, B.A, B.Com etc
2. post graduation courses- Masters & Ph.D
3. Professional courses – Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer etc
4. Computer certificate courses of reputed institutes accredited to Dept. of electronics or Institutes affiliated to University
5. Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc
6. courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI, NIFT etc
7. Regular degree/diploma courses like aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc approved by Director general of Civil Aviation / shipping, if the course is pursed in India. In case the course is perused abroad, the institute should be recognized by
the competent local aviation/shipping authority
8. courses offered in India by reputed foreign universities
9. evening courses of approved institutes
0. 10. Other courses leading to diploma / degree etc., conducted by colleges / universities approved by UGC / Govt. / AICTE / AIBMS / ICMR etc
Eligible Courses of Studies abroad:
1. Graduation : For job oriented professional / technical courses offered by reputed universities
2. Post-Graduation - MCA, MBA, MS, PhD etc.
3. Courses conducted by CIMA-London, CPA in USA etc
1) Should be an Indian Resident.
2) Secured admission to Professional/Technical courses through Entrance Test/Selection Process and should produce proof.
3) Secured admission to Foreign University / Institutions and should produce proof.
4) No specific age restriction with regard to age of the student
to be eligible for educational loan
Purpose of the Loan:
1) For payment of College / School/ Hostel Fees.
2) For payment of Examination / Library / Laboratory Fees.
3) For purchase of books/equipments/instruments.
4) For payment of Caution Deposits (caution deposit not to exceed 10% of total tuition fees for the entire course)
5) For making Travel Expenses / Passage Money for studies abroad.
6) For purchasing inputs essential for completion of the course.
7) Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
8) for purchase of computer / laptop of uniforms
10) Insurance premium for student borrower